"I like looking nice, but I always put comfort over fashion. I don't find thin girls attractive; be happy and healthy. I've never had a problem with the way I look. I'd rather have lunch with my friends than go to a gym." - Adele
I wish I had Adele's positivity with that said quote though... Too bad I don't have the self-esteem to embrace my figure. *sigh*
I love how she proves to the world that being sexy, is not literally being thin like the models. Being sexy is having the confidence, no matter how big, short, tall or thin you are. Fashion and dressing up yourself to feel good does not require having a gorgeous figure like what we see in magazines and billboards, it's about fun, creativity and expressing yourself through the use of clothes. In my opinion, that is! :)
I was looking of some ways to love your body and I found this article:
20 WAYS TO LOVE YOUR BODY
1. Think of your body as the vehicle to your dreams. Honor it. Respect it. Fuel it.
2. Create a list of all the things your body lets you do. Read it and add to it often.
3. Become aware of what your body can do each day. Remember it is the instrument of your life, not just
4. Create a list of people you admire: people who have contributed to your life, your community, or the
world. Consider whether their appearance was important to their success and accomplishments.
5. Walk with your head held high, supported by pride and confidence in yourself as a person.
6. Don’t let your weight or shape keep you from activities that you enjoy.
7. Wear comfortable clothes that you like, that express your personal style, and that feel good to your
8. Count your blessings, not your blemishes.
9. Think about all the things you could accomplish with the time and energy you currently spend
worrying about your body and appearance. Try one!
10. Be your body’s friend and supporter, not its enemy.
11. Consider this: your skin replaces itself once a month, your stomach lining every five days, your liver
every six weeks, and your skeleton every three months. Your body is extraordinary--begin to respect
and appreciate it.
12. Every morning when you wake up, thank your body for resting and rejuvenating itself so you can
enjoy the day.
13. Every evening when you go to bed, tell your body how much you appreciate what it has allowed you
to do throughout the day.
14. Find a method of exercise that you enjoy and do it regularly. Don’t exercise to lose weight or to fight
your body. Do it to make your body healthy and strong and because it makes you feel good. Exercise
for the Three F’s: Fun, Fitness, and Friendship.
15. Think back to a time in your life when you felt good about your body. Tell yourself you can feel like
that again, even in this body at this age.
16. Keep a list of 10 positive things about yourself--without mentioning your appearance. Add to it!
17. Put a sign on each of your mirrors saying, “I’m beautiful inside and out.”
18. Choose to find the beauty in the world and in yourself.
19. Start saying to yourself, “Life is too short to waste my time hating my body this way.”
20. Eat when you are hungry. Rest when you are tired. Surround yourself with people that remind you of
your inner strength and beauty.
This was actually supposed to be just an outfit post, but I decided to make it more creative! :)
Hope you all enjoy!
Peplum Top: Wardrobe Check
Bandage Skirt: Forever 21
Bib Necklace: Passion For Fashion